Friday, November 11, 2011

God Bless America!  I have this post all ready to go about spanking, but just felt like I should take the time to say thanks to our veterans who have served and protected America. I truly believe that it's the greatest nation on earth, in the history of the earth.  I am a true believer in American Exceptionalism.  This is a picture of the color guard marching to guard the tomb of the unknown soldier during hurricane Irene.  I've seen this, and have seen a president lay a wreath on Veterans Day, and can tell you that it is not the most moving part of visiting Arlington national cemetery.  The most moving part is seeing the perfectly aligned tombs of those that served their country.  The tour guide points out Audie Murphy's grave, and it's right next to and the same size as Joe Smith's grave, and thousands of others.

America has plenty of problems right now.  Yet despite it all, I feel truly blessed to have been born an American, and I owe a great deal of debt to our veterans, who fought to protect the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I think it's pretty cool that Veterans Day, unlike other national holidays, is not pre-scheduled for the nearest available Monday, but still on the eleventh day of the eleventh month, commemorating the peace following WWI.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment