Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cleaning up after a wankathon, or a SecretSpanko tip on hidden files


So Sunday night I'm on my way home and my wife tells me that she and the kids are going with a couple of other moms and kids to their friend's lakehouse for the night.  Completely spur of the moment, and a little unlike her.  I had to be at the office early the next morning (not everyone gets MLK day off.)  By going with the other moms and taking the kids, my wife had unknowingly given me a very precious gift.  Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and kids to death.  I enjoy them.  But, having said all that... Wow!! A night to myself in peace and quiet! Hallelujah!

I could get all kinds of projects around the house done that I'd been postponing because I didn't have time.  I could get a peaceful night's sleep without someone waking up and trying to crawl into bed with us. I could get a head start on our taxes. I could work on a couple of long term projects for work that I need some time to just sit down in quiet to do and can't really during the day at the office.  

But I didn't do any of these things.

I stopped at the store and grabbed a steak (a nice fatty ribeye) a six pack of beer and can of ranch style beans.  Mmmm!  Then I watched football.  When that was over, I headed to the computer for some naughty spanking fun.  Again, I had a rare opportunity for uninterrupted private time. Even acknowledging that I was going to play on the internet, I could have done plenty of useful things.  I could update my blog.  I could have responded to a couple of spanking-related emails.  I could work on several incomplete stories I've been tinkering with.  I could add tags to all my blog posts like I've been meaning to do.  I could even go "fishing" for a new spankee, something else I've been meaning to do lately but haven't yet.

I didn't do any of those things either.

Instead, I undid my pants, subscribed to a couple of new sites, downloaded a ton, and engaged in a self-indulgent wank-a-thon that lasted until the wee hours of the morning.  Forget the headphones in one ear while listening for footsteps with the other... Crank the speakers up to hear every crack of the hairbrush and whimper of every spankee!  (Yes, I'll post some more spanking website reviews soon).  No regrets.  It was fun.  It had been a hard week, and a hard weekend. (I was returning from dealing with issues with my grandparents when my wife called to tell me.)  I felt like I deserved it.  But then...

Cleaning up "the mess" after my wank-a-thon

No, not what you're thinking! I'm talking about taking care of all those spanking videos now on my computer that's shared with the family.

So here's a SecretSpanko tip on how to keep them hidden yet accessible.  Maybe this is a no-brainer, but I tried several methods of keeping them hidden before I realized you could do this and if it helps one person, then it was worth posting.  This isn't much help to my mac/ipad-using readers, but that's only about 15% of you according to my blogger stats.

1. Move the movies you want to keep (and watch again and again) out of your download folder and into an innocuous folder where you keep other documents.











2. Delete the rest from your download folder, then empty the recycle bin. (Duh!)

3. Highlight all your videos, and right click on Properties.  Make a check mark by Hidden and then click Apply and then Okay.











4. At the top of your folder you can click on Tools, then select Folder Options. Then click on the View tab. There is an option to show hidden files and folder or Do not show hidden files and folders. Choose Do not show hidden files and folders then click Apply and Okay.
















Wallaah! The files you marked hidden will be grayed out.









But click out of that folder and the next time someone opens the folder, those files will not be shown at all.







When you have some private time again you can just go in and reverse it.  Just select show hidden files and folders and access those movies again. (But don't forget to clean up again when you're done!)

4 comments:

  1. This is really useful! Every time my brother comes to visit, he wants to tinker with my computer. I've run out of excuses not to allow it. (What a nightmare that would be.) Thanks for the tip. Let the wank-a-thon commence!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a productive evening alone:)

    I keep all spanko-related material, including blog posts and pictures, on a flash drive. After I've cleaned up the downloads and history, there's nothing to find on the hard drive, and I can use the flash drive to post or save from any machine.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink, I'm happy this was helpful. I was worried that everyone knew this already and would find it silly that I was posting it. Anytime you need a helping hand, let me know!

    Hermione, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it was a productive evening. Although, come to think of it, I did produce quite a large volume of, uhm, er... content to be hidden on my hard drive that night!
    In all seriousness, that was one of my earlier methods, and it's not a bad one. Had a flash drive on my key chain like a total computer nerd. It was never a problem, but just got paranoid when I saved work stuff on the same flash drive when I had to take work home with me.

    Thank you both for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mix work with pleasure. I have 2 flash drives: vanilla and chocolate ripple:)

    ReplyDelete