Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why is it so hard to take a pic of your own butt?

So you meet someone online that's into spanking.  Several emails later it seems to be a nice back-and-forth flirting, they can write in complete sentences, seem to have similar desires and interests... then comes the all important (and potentially scary/awkward) moment when you decide to exchange pictures of yourself.  You're putting a lot of trust in this person by doing so.  What if you know them? Yikes!  Maybe this sexy emailer is in reality related to Quasimodo, or has disfigurements, or horrible teeth, or thinks that "curvy" is a good euphemism... 

This is not a blog post about that moment.  

This is about the moment several emails later when one or the both of you ask to see a pic of the other person's rear end.  That part of them you'll hopefully become much more acquainted with in the near future if the two of you can work out scheduling.  Turns out, it's a lot harder to take a pic of your own rear end than you might think.
courtesy  jeannycam.com
I found another blog post about this very topic, where the author expressed her frustration with not being able to do so.  There are some decent tips for taking these pics in the comments there.  

As I've mentioned before, I've given phone spankings to a friend several states away, where I instruct her in spanking herself.  afterward, she'd take a pic of her pink bottom with her cell phone and send it to me.  Those pics came out great, the only problem is, the way she held her phone, the pics were upside down.  If you're looking at them on your phone it's no problem- you can just flip the phone around.  That is, unless doing so also flips the image around when you do that!  Here are a couple of those again, just for your enjoyment.  It is a pretty nice bottom!
I've tried taking a picture like that myself a couple of times, just for fun, and it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.  You pretty much HAVE to use a mirror, and even then it required several takes and some coordination- at least for me!
yes, that's an electric toothbrush
I have to say though that maybe the best secret spanko at taking pictures of her own ass is a fellow secret spanko blogger SpankCakes.  Don't believe me? check out her latest blog post.  She almost always includes at least one such shot in her posts, but this last one had four or five.  Maybe she should do a tutorial on it.

13 comments:

  1. LOL! I have NO clue how anyone takes a photo of their own butt with a cell phone. It seems it would take a great deal of dexterity, which I don't possess.

    I've taken a lot of pictures of my own butt, but I use a regular camera with a timer. I have a feeling that's what SpankCakes does too, because her photos are perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes total sense. maybe that's her secret (and yours) I always wondered how you did all those pics afterward, and figured probably ST took them for you.

      Delete
    2. You're right, he took most of them. But I do use the timer on occasion. Never did figure out how to do the mirror shots properly.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I guess that would be a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... shucks... thanks for the mention! My skills were definitely developed out of necessity, though they can be improved on, as always!

    Erica- I would say 95% of my shots use a mirror... a few were taken by someone else (I wonder who?) and I have a few that were on a timer. I think I would like "real" photos taken at some point... let me know if you have any leads!

    And maybe I'll write up a tutorial after all! :)

    xo,
    SC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I suppose they MIGHT could be improved upon, but kind of doubt it. Maybe you should just keep practicing!

      Delete
  4. Hi,

    Just stumbled across your blog and laughed at this post. I don't know how people take pics of their own butt so well with just a camera phone. Most of mine involve some sort of mirror because I'm not bendy enough to twist completely around. What I use to cheat is the camera on my laptop. Thank goodness for Photo Booth and that 3 second delay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stumbled across the blog. Last night I checked out your blog for the 1st time and liked it. I definitely think you should try more pics using those clothespins! (no ulterior motives... I swear!)

      Delete
  5. Spankcakes rules supreme. I know. I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several of the pictures on our blog are pictures which I have taken without any help from Ludwig (the result of living in a long-distance relationship). I usually don't use mirrors, though, but a tripod and the timer function of my camera. And since I'm a perfectionist, I sometimes take about 50 pictures until I have got the result I was looking for. I also use light (no photo lights, just normal lamps) in order to get a better result (and reduce the visibility of uneven skin ;-) ). Luckily, I have become faster with experience. Today, I sometimes need only a few attempts in order to get the picture that I want. For example, the pictures in this post have been taken with the help of a tripod and the timer function. They involve a mirror, but just because I like to play around with mirrors, not because I needed it in order to photograph my own butt... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one thing to take pics of your own butt with a timer... but that one of you in the mirror, with a timer, and balancing an implement on the small of your back too- WOW! truly impressive!

      Delete