Thursday, November 29, 2012

gripping the sheets and the roller coaster ride

That moment when things escalate past what's mildly uncomfortable...

When things start to really heat up...

When you start to wonder, "Wait, why am I doing this?!"

When that thought is overwhelmed by an emotional response- This HURTS! GRRRR!

When this happens...
Okay so maybe she's not getting spanked, but you can imagine...
So... why is it that you're doing this?

I have a partial explanation.  Awhile back I wrote about breaking down the elements of a spanking and compared them to the ingredients of a hamburger.  I missed one. 

Once upon a time, I was a little kid who was just tall enough to ride the big roller coaster.  A little scared, hell a lot scared, I rode it anyway after some convincing. 
I held on to the rail just as tight as I could, and somehow survived.  When I got off, my mom asked me what I thought.  Still shell-shocked and wide-eyed, I said it was scary but I wanted to get in line again!  I was elated, and giddy, and amazed.  I was terrified, but I'd survived!

I think one of the elements of a spanking that can appeal to some is the same sort of scary wild ride followed by the elation and happiness and well, enjoying the comforting and aftercare.  Why else do people ride roller coasters? or watch scary movies? or watch tear-jerker movies?  To hang on tight- to the roller coaster rail, to the sheets, to their date, or to their Kleenex brand tissue- and have a wild experience and heightened emotions, but then the satisfaction that "I did it!" and they survived, and things are much better know.

Just something I was thinking about this week.  Curious if y'all agree or disagree, and what hamburger ingredient I should make this element of the appeal of spanking.

10 comments:

  1. Something spicy, perhaps? Painfully so, and yet the people who love it, love the pain. Like a jalapeno pepper, or hot mustard? That extra kick.

    I am definitely a bedclothes gripper, but I hate spicy food. So I'd have to think of something else for myself, but for the general spanko public, it could work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit partial to hot chinese chili sauce, but don't guess that goes on a hamburger. jalapenos work though.

      Delete
  2. I would never venture on a roller coaster, and I hate scary movies, but it's a very apt simile. I often ask myself, "Why am I doing this?" but always crave another experience exactly like it.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never go mountain climbing or ski a double black diamond, but I can understand why some people want to. Thanks for the comment, and thanks for understanding the simile.

      Delete
  3. Some can take the paddle without showing any sign of distress. I much prefer the ones that grip the sheets and suck in their breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm... where are these folks that can take a paddle without showing signs of distress? I agree with you though- I like the reaction.

      Delete
  4. How about "Gringo Hot Sauce?" Otherwise known as horseradish, undiluted with mayo or sour cream.

    I used to love roller coasters, depending on the size of them. I loved the Matterhorn at Disneyland and one called The Mad Mouse. The last one I road was The Run-away Rail Train.

    One thing I only went on once was the double Ferris wheel. That was a heck of a ride I did not want to experience again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE roller coasters. (Now, at least). My favorite is one at Disneyland in California, which not only has loops, but has little speakers next to your head and plays rock music during the ride. It actually adds a lot to the experience.

      My all-time scariest ride was a simple ferris wheel, but it was old and on a mountain top in Colorado. As an adult, I was scared it would break!

      Delete
  5. I like that idea. I think it certainly fits in some situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fB. As you're probably aware, it's somewhat difficult to come up with original ideas for a spanking blog! I thought this one fit one lady in particular that I had the pleasure of meeting.

      Delete