Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has got to be the least sexy holiday of the year, right? I mean, you travel, you hang out with your family. (You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family!)  You eat traditional dishes that are awfully bland to begin with, and you put on a smile and pretend like the food is great and you're enjoying yourself.  (And sneak a beer when my 90 year old grandmother isn't looking, because that's still a big no-no with her.) 

The guys pretend to care about the Detroit Lions game, but by the time the elaborate feast is ready, the Cowboys game (which some actually care about) has started, but we can't watch that because we're all enjoying this yummy bland food that's just like what our grandparents made, without any shred of MadMen glamour or fun.  And we get caught up on the illnesses and gossip in the family about our extended family.  Then we pretend to enjoy dessert, despite the fact that if anyone picked their favorite dessert, it would have some chocolate in it, but for some reason red meat and chocolate are forbidden from this supposedly indulgent holiday feast.   At least, that's what it's like for me. I have a jewish friend that said thanksgiving is like a jewish holiday- while quasi-religious, you eat traditional yet disgusting food and pretend to have fun with your extended family.  And sure, we're celebrating a year of being thankful based on the experiences of a group of religious radicals that helped to colonize a continent and were extraordinarily lucky not to have been slain by the native inhabitants. (Who "thankfully" had succumbed the year before to a disease spread through european rat urine.)

On the other hand, I have a great deal to be thankful for this year.  My life is finally settling down in several ways, and in good ways.  On a level that my readers care about, I'm recapturing this blog thing that was a great creative outlet for me that I feared was slipping away.  I miss y'all!  I'm also once again active in pursuing a spanking play-partner, something that I didn't have time for during the last few months.  For all of that, I'm grateful.  In fact, I'm, well... thankful. So, in gratitude here are some sexy thanksgiving images. (yes, they do exist.)
Ms. Monroe herself

Sexy pilgrim Halloween costume- on sale now!

this is actually me in costume.  call me "SquantoSpanko"
Bend over my lap, Prudence Lancaster.  I intend to spank you before I stuff your turkey!  (And no, I wouldn't dare dream of making a joke about the oil of fish improving the cornhole!)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.  Enjoy it... as much as you can!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back to posting on a somewhat regular basis! Happy Thanksgiving... and good luck in the search for a play partner... can't wait to hear all about it!

    xo,
    SC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say a regular basis? and you thought that meant responding to comments within 5 days? Surely I didn't say something like that, did I?

      Delete
  2. Secret Spanko,

    Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday now. I happen to be one of those who likes the food! I love mashed potatoes and gravy, and, as for the "red" meat, I like the dark meat of the turkey best and it sort of has some reddish cast to it. LOL

    Happy Thanksgiving. It is about being thankful, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbie Jo. I like dark meat better myself. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  3. I am spending my Thanksgiving in blissful solitude, by choice. But I confess, I do like turkey and stuffing a lot. (you can keep the yams and that disgusting green-bean-mushroom-soup casserole, though)

    Good to see you back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. and yes, I did eat a lot of that notorious green bean casserole!

      Delete
  4. I'm thankful that I'm not a turkey. You survive thanksgiving then christmas is just round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough- I guess we all have some things to be thankful for! You know the turkey pardoned by the president gets to spend the next year at Disneyland, right?

      Delete
  5. The red meat thing throws me. Don't ever eat red turkey, that's not good.

    So glad to have you back. And so glad you're settled enough to pursue play. I really look forward to that. Nobody does it better than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emen. Pink smoked turkey isn't too bad, but I have to wait until Christmas for that! Missed you.

      Delete