Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A sigh of relief...

It's been awhile since I paid much attention to my blog.  It's been an awfully busy fall and then Christmas season.  I haven't even talked about Christmas on here once this year.  Merry Christmas y'all.  I did think about how we send out and receive tons of Christmas cards every year, and most of those we exchange them with I haven't seen or thought about in the year since I saw their last Christmas card.  Yet for obvious reasons, I can't send them out to all my kinky friends that I DO think about far more often.

I haven't written anything about politics since the election, or the terrible events in Newton, CT, or the fiscal cliff, or much of anything of substance.  Sometimes I use this blog as an outlet for my creativity that's normally stifled, or venting about something.  Lately I just haven't had time to even do that.

This is my absolute favorite time of the year though.  Right now.  Late last night when all the presents were put together under the tree, the house was quiet, and the Christmas preparation was essentially over, I made myself a drink and just sat on the couch and relaxed.  Ahhhh....

The world didn't end.  We made it through a stressful but productive several months.  No more toys to buy or stressing about the house or my extended family.  Today was a once in a lifetime so far white Christmas.  It probably means the commute tomorrow will be a bitch, but that's okay.  Not much going on this week.  Relaxing at home watching bowl games.  And I always look forward to January, the most boring normal month of the year.

The world's full of problems.  But try to take a moment to relax and soak it in and count your blessings.  Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah etc...

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Secret Spanko! Here's to happy and peaceful holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Kaelah! Just getting caught up on spanking blog stuff and loved your entry on spam, and visiting Dreams of Spanking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I'm having trouble even keeping up with reading, so belated thank you for this. It brought a Christmas peace on me a week later, when the beautiful southern white christmas is finally melting and now all we have to figure out is how to clean up all the broken trees.

    I love the idea of exchanging cards with the wonderful friends of kink. Those I would keep.

    ReplyDelete