Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Putting the holidays behind us...

It's that time.  Finally.  Time to take down the tree, take down the lights, drag the boxes back in in and put them up... again.  What do we do with all this leftover turkey, ham, and champagne in the fridge?  Cowboys not in the playoffs.  We need to go through the kids toys and make room/donate/hand down.  This creates annual conversations that are extremely interesting when we start out trying to convince the kids that there are those less fortunate that need their old toys, but somehow end up with us squirming trying to answer questions about "Why doesn't Santa visit children in Africa?"

It's time for the annual "No Fun" diet.  You know, no fried food, fast food, sweets or alcohol.  It will last awhile.  Roughly until the Super Bowl.  

This year has been remarkable.  Every year media outlets talk about the year in review, and this year there was a whole lot to talk about- Olympics, elections, hurricanes, mass shootings, Apocalypse avoided, etc... On a more personal scale this has been an extremely extremely eventful year full of changes- mostly good.  On a scale that y'all care about, it's been extremely eventful too.  I have a policy of not writing about my personal spanking adventures for the most part, but who would have thought at the beginning of the year that I'd have as many spanking adventures as I have had? Certainly not me!  Apart from private fun, it's been the 1st full year of my blog, I attended my 1st spanking party, and put my first story up too.  It's been quite an eventful year on so many fronts, it's been fun, and I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything.

That having been said, I always look forward to January.  It's a nice long boring month with no holidays.  It's maybe the most "normal" month on the calendar.  On a larger scale, I'm kind of hoping that 2013 is sort of the January of years.  Nice, normal, and low stress.  Probably just wishful thinking fueled by holiday exhaustion. But there's always hope!

Here's to 2013... cheers! (Toasts you with a glass of the leftover champagne -because we bought a lot but in reality we're now old fogeys and didn't drink half of it, plus we'd better finish this off in a hurry before we start the "No Fun" diet!)

P.S. Kathy Griffin again is practically begging for a spanking with her New Years Eve antics.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! and since you want 2013 to be a January of years ahead, here's wishing you a totally uneventful, peaceful, calm and serene year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fondles! Happy new year to you too. May 2013 be whatever kind of year you're hoping for as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, SS!

    You know, I'd always wondered just why Anderson Cooper puts up with the Uber-tacky, classless Kathy Griffin. Then I read that she and his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, are the best of friends. That explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too. That explains it? huh? My mom's friends don't try to simulate oral sex on me on national TV. I think that makes it even weirder!

      Delete
    2. LOL! No, I meant that explains why he puts up with her. Why else would an acclaimed newsman allow such an idiot to make him look like a fool on national TV, if she weren't practically his adopted sister? (Gloria calls her the daughter she never had.)

      Ewww. Now the crotch diving is even creepier.

      Delete
  3. A Happy New Year to you! May 2013 be a good and relaxed one. :-)

    ReplyDelete