Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the $1 section hairbrush

True confession: I love to go grocery shopping.  And when I do, I always stop by the dollar aisle.  Can't help it.  I've picked up some truly worthless junk there, and we probably have some out-of-date condiments still in our fridge courtesy of my excursions to the clearance section on the dollar aisle.  But the other day, I found this flat-backed hairbrush for $1.  Yes, it was "Stylin'" and I took a pick intending to write a post (okay another post) making fun of cane-iac and sharing a secret spanko tip on purchasing implements.  I mean, it looks like a serious hairbrush and I got it for $1, right?
But a funny/sad thing happened.  I used it for a part of one spanking, and it delivered a solid whappy type sound and according to her a thuddy type sensation, but I could tell it didn't hurt nearly as much as my old solid wooden hairbrushes.  In fact, after a few whacks, it was obvious (painfully obvious?) that this hairbrush was plastic and relatively lightweight.  

But then, not too long after that, my favorite no-longer-a-spanking-virgin told me she wanted to really feel a hairbrush spanking.  Thinking I should go (fairly) gentle on her, when it got to the point of bringing her back over my knee and this time with a hairbrush, I decided that this new black hairbrush was the way to go.  Whoops.  After a few whacks, the handle broke off.  She kept the handle as a souvenir, but here's a pic of the same hairbrush showing the handle broken off.  Don't worry- she got really good hairbrush spanking- I come prepared.
Despite that, needless to say, she was quite proud of breaking her 1st implement.  A broken implement (especially a broken hairbrush) can be sort of a badge of honor, I guess.  But I thought my readers might want to know that they should not be fooled by the clearance aisle/ dollar section - I suppose you get what you pay for when it comes to spanking implements.  

6 comments:

  1. Those darn plastic hairbrushes can either be very stingy, or very crappy lol, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Brooke- agreed that it's a toss of the dice when it comes to inexpensive implements.

      Delete
  2. Exactly -- you get what you pay for. I commented about that on my latest blog; don't bother with those super cheapo wooden spoons, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well... I haven't broken a cheapo wooden spoon yet. But then again, I don't use them as my main implements- just some touching up here and there!
      Honestly I think if some of the premium spanking implement manufacturers wanted the most persuasive recommendation for their products, they should ask people to review "super cheapo" grocery store implements.

      Delete
  3. Quite a while ago I read somewhere how someone used those old ball and paddles. They're cheap, you remove the rubber ball, band, and staple. Wala easy spanking toy. They said it was great for beginners, or just fun light play. I went out and bought a bunch. They broke easily, but they were fun. Never undervalue the fun aspect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frankly can't imagine using one of those- too thin and flimsy. But I thought this one really had some promise. Alas...

      Delete