Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We Liked Your Boobs

Okay I almost hate to write two not quite spanking related posts in a row, but I couldn't pass this up.  Last Sunday night I was watching the Oscars along with so many other people that advertising rates are compared to those of the Super Bowl. At least until our crazy neighbor came over.  But before that, I was amused/shocked at the opening production with Captain Kirk and the host singing a song called "We Saw Your Boobs" - I guess that's the name of the song, so I should put it in quotes, right? here's a clip of most of that (don't know how long it will last).


Now, I have to admit, I'm a fan of nudity.  Even celebrity nudity. This should come as no surprise to my readers; I've posted about it before. If I'm being honest, that song, while a little creepy, particularly with the reactions of some of the actresses named it, but well... it piqued my prurient interest.  The song has been heavily criticized in the media for being misogynistic and celebrating scenes of rape.  But sure enough, Mr. Skin is certainly capitalizing on the infamy of the Oscar production.  (Mr. Skin is a website that shows the nude scenes from movies and has been around since well before a different Seth -the character in the movie Knocked Up- supposedly came up with the idea.)   Yes dear readers... if you want, you can watch each and every scene mentioned in the song by clicking here.  Genius marketing.  It's free.  But you have to register with that site, and then you'll have to unsubscribe to the email updates that will inundate your inbox.  I mean, uhm... I'm assuming so.  Hypothetically.  However, some of those nude scenes are not exactly arousing.  Most were in serious films, and several were in serious moments in serious films.  As such some of the criticism of that song is, I think, warranted.

I prefer a different kind of nudity.  The kind I posted about in what was once (pre-Chross) by far my most popular post in my early days of blogging.  Just for old time's sake, that video's here again below. It doesn't glorify/celebrate scenes of rape like some of the scenes mentioned in the infamous Oscars song.  Instead it celebrates both peace and patriotism. (You have to listen to the words, and you'll be excused from listening to the words if you're too enthralled with the visuals.) So enjoy, and feel good about enjoying it. I watched it again and yes, there's country music added, but no violence or rape scenes. (And it includes several Oscar-worthy actresses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment