Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"that thing is positively evil"-don't disrespect wooden spoons!

The poor wooden spoon is the Rodney Dangerfield of spanking implements.  Always looking way up at the impressive and fear-inducing canes, and paddles.  As a parental spanking implement it's well below dad's belt and mom's hairbrush, much less a switch or strap or bathbrush.  It's not even in the same galaxy as fancy Delrin or Lexan implements.  Even though it's found in the arsenal of accomplished spankers, it's mostly reserved for the little nooks and crannies and only the most sensitive parts of a bottom.  It inhabits the sad lowest tier of spanking implements, which it shares with maybe the wooden  ruler or in England the slipper. That much is clear. 

To be honest, some of that lack of respect is warranted.  Part of this is likely due to the fact that it's such a mom's implement for little kids.  We have a friend who kept a wooden spoon in her diaper bag with a sad face drawn on it.  She called it "Mr. Sad" and though we never saw her use it on her kids I saw her threaten them with it.  One infamous TV mom has taken some heat for employing a wooden spoon in her efforts to manage her prodigious brood.  
No, not that one! just click on the link above!
Heck my mom used a wooden spoon on me and my siblings when we were little.
Actually the one used on me looked a lot more like these.
But I think I've discovered something about wooden spoons, and wanted to share it with y'all. Yes they're good for getting pinpoint accuracy on the really sensitive parts down low and even on the inside of the bottom cheeks or the inner thigh.  
No, not like that.
That's not what I mean.  See, wooden spoons come in a variety of shapes. They can even be elaborate and intricately carved.  But all those in the pictures above share one thing in common. The backside of the spoon - the part that that actually hits the bottom - is a small flat surface. They're also all relatively thin and light weight.  It's like a little mini-paddle, or mini-hairbrush.  I've been spanked as an adult with spoons like these. As a child I was scared to death of it, but now, by comparison to other implements, it's nothing to be afraid of at all.  Maybe the lack of respect for a wooden spoon is warranted? Well... Come on now, I wouldn't have posted this if that were the case, right?

I've found something to change the minds of spankers and spankees everywhere that might have disrespected the wooden spoon. It's available to even secret spankos at Target for only $10.

Notice something different? Yes, it's a fancy KitchenAid brand, but that's not what I meant.  Look at the spoon part. Look at it again. Keep staring at it. It's almost like an optical illusion- are you looking at the front side or the backside? Hard to tell, because it's curved front and back. Which means... when you spank with it, all the force is concentrated on the peak that first impacts the bottom. One reason why relatively lightweight canes are so fearsome is that the impact is concentrated on a relatively tiny curved surface. This is the same principle at play, although the impact is one point instead of a line, and frankly this spoon is pretty hefty and substantial.  

I saw it and bought it on a whim, not knowing this.  During a recent session, I used it early on, when I usually use a spoon, and noticed a different reaction than I suspected.  I also noticed that it left marks pretty easily.  I backed off and continued the session using some other implements. When it was over, my little adorable spankette (who is experienced with quite a high pain tolerance) mentioned it, wanted to see it, and proclaimed that, "That thing is truly evil."   

Now that I know of it's power, I'll have to save it for later in the session, and can't wait to try it out again.   (evil grin!)

Oh, and just because, here's an amusingly sexy pic I found when searching for illustrations for this post:
Who says wooden spoons can't be sexy?!



1 comment:

  1. Wooden spoons ARE evil! We have one that is used fairly often and it actually hurts more than our paddle! Thanks for sharing, and fun pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete