Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Defense of Gay Marriage - A Christian perspective

I never envisioned this blog to be a Christian or religious blog of any type.  Yet I find myself compelled to comment, since I "outed" myself as a Christian in the last post.  See, the U.S. Supreme Court is about to hand down a decision on gay marriage in the next couple of days.  As someone who is in the closet about my  weird sexual desires, i.e., spanking women's bottoms- I have an affinity for gay people who struggle with their identity.

As a sort of pragmatic libertarian, I don't want the government making decisions when it comes to what folks do in the bedroom, even if it affects tax status or benefits, etc... It should be up to the individuals and their God. (I married my wife in a foreign country, and the minister signed the marriage license before we left, but we didn't consider ourselves married until after the ceremony.)

On the other hand, as a Christian, well... the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, right? So churches shouldn't embrace it, right?

Well, I urge you to read this article: http://www.gaychristian.net/justins_view.php

interesting points... homosexuality as a sin in the Bible - well, not exactly a loving relationship between two people. (kinda like how tax-collectors in the Bible arent the same as modern IRS employees)  If God made us, he also made deaf people, who make the best of it with their eyes and hands, just as homosexuals make the best of it with the parts they have.  

I have a pretty complex view of Creation and the 1st few book of the Old Testament.  If a loving God created us, how come studies show that the lower in the birth order a male child is, the more likely he is to be a homosexual? ("You know, he's not going to inherit much, maybe he'd be better off with less testosterone but an ability to dance/decorate/make stuff")

Maybe that's a little out there... but I see that as far more plausible than just "It's a sin that some people choose." And viewed that way, in light of the persuasive arguments in the article above, it kinda makes sense. Welcome your comments/critiques.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to write something but I can't say it better than this and who the hell would read it now anyway?

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dqXWS7Efgcc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdqXWS7Efgcc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write something but I can't say it better than this and who the hell would read it now anyway?

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dqXWS7Efgcc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdqXWS7Efgcc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I replied to myself. Bout as good as I do now

    ReplyDelete