Monday, August 5, 2013

We see our fetish where we want to see it

Sorry folks- been on vacation.  Back now.  The "song of the summer" apparently is something called "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke (not to be confused with the dad on Growing Pains's son Kirk Cameron). 

(And yes, I wondered about what Erica the editor would think of that sentence.)

It's been the number one song in America for the last several weeks.  I've heard it, and out of amusement, watched the  uncensored version too.  Don't completely remember but the refrain keeps mentioning how "you're a good girl!" and the video features lots of mostly naked models dancing around and a guy well, dancing with a hairbrush and sort of swinging it.
Naturally, I thought about spanking.  Why else would he have been dancing with a hairbrush, right? I've posted before on seeing something in the real world and how I immediately relate it to spanking.  There was that oddly specific instruction on the Pillsbury brownie mix "50 strokes with a spoon" which I found interesting.  More recently reading a best-selling book this summer a specific line got my spanky senses tingling. Dating way back when, before websites, there were newsgroup posts, and some of my favorites were entitled "startle" - when a spanko saw something in real life and it made them think of spanking.

On the other hand, maybe in respect to this video (Miley Cyrus's video is a whole 'nother story) I was just finding what I was looking for because that's what I was looking for.   Perhaps if I were into foot fetishes, I would have viewed this video in a light reflecting my tastes. I mean, he's kissing some pretty cute feet there. no?

Or if I had a medical fetish for shots in the bottom (not that I do, or anything... not that there's anything wrong with that!) I'd have watched this video and seen something appealing to that particular fetish too. I mean, there's a giant syringe that she chases him with and then he injects her with in the bottom, right?


Or uhm... hot chicks and cars.  Wait there are a million videos of hot chicks and cars.
But my point is, maybe I see the world through spanko-colored glasses.  Maybe I see things as a "startle" when it's just vanilla folks being silly.  Or maybe this song (and this video) is so popular because it secretly appeals to so many kinky folks. Then again, maybe it just has a catchy beat.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! OK, that sentence WAS a bit iffy. But I understood it. LOL -- nice try, but he dances with the hairbrush because he ends up brushing her hair. You saw THAT part, right?

    Damn, Robin Thicke is cute.

    You won't like this version anywhere near as much, but it tickled me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZjaqHioro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe the only time you'll see "Growing Pains's" used in a sentence! -And I did see that version before- not quite as sexy but still fun.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen the video but it makes me think of spanking too.

    Recently I have seen a lot of headlines in the paper that include the word "Paddling" and my first thought is never boring old boats on a river.

    Hugs.
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment hermione- saw it recently in Florida- "YOLO" = you only live once, so grab a paddle (and join those who paddle on surfboards).

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time i've seen that part of the video, and wow .. of course I thought of spanking right away! Lol, why else would he dance around with a hairbrush? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe if he had just brushed her hair with it and then used it as a "microphone" to sing into... i wouldn't have thought as much about it, but his dance with it definitely involves swinging it!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that video is startling. Actually, I do have both the spanking fetish and the butt injection fetish. The site you link to, Stonefox, is just about the only one out there that brings them together. At least they are the only ones filming real injections and real spankings, sometimes in the same story.

    I find most medical fetish material silly: it's either naughty nurses, horror film BDSM, or plain old hardcoreset in a ddoctor's office. Yawn. But there are a few out there who recognize the similarity in the two scenes: baring your bottom to an authority figure and receiving pain "for your own good."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Southern Expat. I stumbled upon that site almost by accident. Dont think i can say that I have a butt injection fetish, but I didn't know there was such a thing until recently. It's certainly a much less widespread fetish than spanking, but I can see the crossover appeal. I looked at that site again, and they do have some spanking content mixed in with the medical stuff as well. Unlike some other fetishes out there which are a turn-off to me personally, shots given by hot nurses... it intrigues me.

      Delete
  6. I just saw that video for the first time today and have to agree- total spankos! I was with friends who don't know my kinky side but I was dying DYING to point out all the signs!! I bit my tongue instead. I also see everything through kinky colored glasses. Oh well, makes the days fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you got to see it, and thanks for the comment. Keep those glasses on!

      Delete
  7. I totally thought that video/song was about BDSM.

    ReplyDelete